Some breeds are prone to certain eye conditions, and early detection and treatment can sometimes help maintain appropriate visions and avoid painful conditions. Our clinic provides a number of specialized animal ophthalmology services, diagnostics, and surgeries.
During your pet's eye exam our doctors may use some of the following diagnostic tools:
- Fluorescein Eye Staining - This allows us to see if there are any lesions on the surface of the eye.
- Indirect and Direct Retinal Examination - This allows for detailed examination of the back of the eye.
- Rebound Tonometer - This is an invaluable tool to aid with diagnosing conditions such as glaucoma.
- Schirmer Tear Test - This allows us to diagnose inadequate tear production.
- Slit Lamp Examination (Biomicroscopy) - This allows for detailed examination of the structures in the eye.
Depending upon your pet's diagnosis, ACAH has the capability to perform the following ophthalmology surgical procedures:
- Conjunctival scrapes and biopsies
- Cryosurgery for Distichiasis
- Eyelid mass removal
- Eyelid wedge resections
- Medial Canthoplasty for macropalpebral fissure syndrome
- Nasolacrimal duct flushing
- Non-healing indolent "boxer" ulcer repair
- Third eyelid replacement